I was given by dear sister Alisha the al hamdulilah tag which I’m thankful for because it made me review and think about the subject deeply. When I was thinking what to write many ideas came to mind for it is such a wide subject, who can count the blessing of Allah SWT? Some of them we don’t even know about.
I’m always surprised how some people manage to say thank you to others if they helped them but not thank Allah SWT. Maybe to them is just a polite courtesy they have to say in a civilized society but the real meaning to be thankful is lost on them.
I remember when I finished my master’s thesis after long years of going from place to place, reading tens of articles and countless hours of working on the computer and reading it to the degree in the end I couldn’t even look at anymore yet I couldn’t give it to the library without adding to it, in the right middle part of the first pages, “Al Hamdulilah”, here it is:
How could I not? I probably would have lost my mind if I wasn’t given patience, guidance, and sometimes miraculous opportunities. The library workers exclaimed happily when they saw it: “You are the first one to write in Arabic on this page since a long time” *raises eye brow*. There are many other more important issues I was helped by Allah SWT that I’m extremely thankful for but that was a memorable one.
For some reason, even if I had a bad day when I go to bed there is an overwhelming sense of calmness and gratitude for what I have been given so right before I sleep, I have to say: Alhamdulilah.
“Write at least 10 things you are thankful for. Then pass it on to at least 2 people!”
Even these are a bit short I intended it to be that way because I wanted to summarize the ideas that contain so much emotion and memories. I’m thankful that (read this for every one):
1) Allah SWT kept my brother alive after he was shot by a car thief.
2) I have a loving family that cares about each other and fear and obey Him.
3) I had great opportunities to learn and increase my occupational experiences.
4) I have ability to learn and think on my own for without my thoughts it would have been unbearable.
5) I have my health and even though I may get sick sometimes I regain it quickly.
6) I have been given the ability to be patient to endure the obstacles and tests in my path.
7) I’m taken care of since I was born and never needed anything in terms of security, shelter or love.
8/) Allah SWT made nature and His creations so beautiful and a source of endless ideas and progress.
9) Even though I have met bad people who wanted to hurt me they were unable to.
10) I was brought up as a Muslim and that I’m still guided on the true path.
هُوَ الْحَيُّ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ فَادْعُوهُ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
40:65 (Y. Ali) He is the Living (One): There is no god but He: Call upon Him, giving Him sincere devotion. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds!